Monday, March 1, 2010

First Ride

So, on Thursday, Terry made an offer on a 2006 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado for me.  The week before I took his bike out for a ride and realized that it all came back to me quickly and I started to get antsy for a bike of my own again.  Amazingly, his offer was accepted and on Thursday night, we rode up to Renton and rode home separately on two bikes.


On Sunday, it was forecasted to have great weather, so we decided to go for a ride after church.  We made the decision to ride up to Poulsbo.  Terry had never been there and we thought it was the right distance away for a quick trip.  We left after church and arrived in about an hour.  The ride was really nice.  We had lunch on the waterfront which was amazing.  We shared a crab and corn chowder, Terry had halibut and chips while I had the halibut tacos.  It was all really good.  After eating, we walked around town and looked for the bakery everyone talked about when we mentioned Poulsbo.  We found one in town and each picked out a donut.  I also got a cinnamon roll that I had for breakfast this morning; one word amazing.  The ride home was nice as well and we got great views of Mt Rainier.  It did start getting cold though and by the time we cruised off the freeway, my lips were numb and I couldn't easily talk.  Overall, we both had a nice day on the bikes and enjoyed the ride.  I am definitely happy to be back on two wheels.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....